Learning to Lead
B.S. in Education, Tarkio College, 1972
M.S. in School Counseling, Purdue University, 2000
As the Learning to Lead Coordinator, Nancy sets up the program day for the Learning to Lead students. Nancy makes arrangements for guest speakers and transportation on the program days. Nancy is also in charge of arranging TATU( Teens Against Tobacco Use) presentations at the four county schools with the Learning to Lead students.
B.S in Health Science: Health Promotion, Indiana University of Kokomo, 2015.
Minors in Nutrition and Spanish
Grant Manager/Program Coordinator
Monica Morey is the Grant Manager/Program Coordinator of Youth_RISE! for the Learning Network/ Purdue Extension of Clinton County. We provide a positive pro-active approach with the backing of evidence based programing and trainings on Teen Pregnancy Prevention. Our Curriculum has been culturally, linguistically and medically reviewed by the Office of Adolescent Health OAH.
We provide education and raise awareness, provide presentations, bring health education opportunities, trainings and outreach efforts in the community with the collaboration of our partners and buy-in from the community to inform individuals and agencies on the current national teen pregnancy rate in Clinton County.
Support for this project is provided by Health Care Education and Training, Inc. (HCET) through the Office of Adolescents Health/DHHS Grant #TP1AH000115 Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program CFDA 93.927
- Certifications include:
- Tomando Control de Tu Salud Instructor (Diabetes Class)
- D.E.E.P Instructor (Diabetes Class)
- BAFA-BAFA Instructor (Cultural Competency)
- Operation Fit Kids Instructor
- Chronic Diseases Self- Management Master Trainer
- Family Support Worker Specialist
- Prevention Baby Shaken Syndrome Facilitator
- Mental Health First Aid USA Facilitator
- Bridging the Gap Certified
- Families Talking Together Certified
- SHIP Counselor State Health Indiana Program
- Family Development Outreach Worker
- State and Federal Navigator (2013-2015)
- Board/ Community/ Coalition/ Council member: Cass County Community Health Center Board,
- Housing Authority Board, Cass County Headstart, Indianan Minority Health, Covering Kids and
- Families, Cass County Resource Network, Obesity Task Force, Pregnancy Prevention Task Force,
- Cass County Diversity Club, and the Tobacco Coalition.
Phone: 765-659-6380 Ext 1825
Learning Network of Clinton County Board of Directors
Learning Network Board Members
President, Hans Vargas
Vice President, Marielou Clouse
Secretary, Tania Sotelo
Treasurer, Clark Beard
Parliamentarian, Miguel Garza
- Jay Hawley
- Don Anderson
- Scott Shoemaker
- Carolyn Mosson
- David Whitsett