High School Equivalency Test (HSE, TASC, GED)

High School Equivalency and College Preparation

English- and Spanish-speaking residents of Clinton County meet weekly at the Learning Network to prepare for their High School Equivalency (HSE) test. The current assessment is called TASC, and was formerly known as the GED.

The Clinton County Adult Education Program also helps prepare adults for college and career pathway certifications through WorkIN. We cater to many different educational goals, including advanced English language acquisition.

We also welcome volunteers interested in helping others achieve their goals. Please contact Louisa Hoffman, Site Coordinator, to find out how you can help at 765-659-6380 ext. 1822.

Adult TASC/GED students are expected to:

  • Complete the program registration form and learner’s agreement
  • Complete a pre-assessment in order to receive an individualized learning plan
  • Attend 4-6+ open learning lab hours each week for optimal learning success
  • Complete assigned homework
  • Take a post-assessment after 30-50 hours of instructional classes

Classes meet according to the following schedule:

English HSE Open Learning Lab Hours:

  • Tuesday & Thursday: 10 AM-2 PM and 4 PM-8PM

Spanish HSE Classes:

  • Monday & Wednesday: 8-10 am
  • Tuesday & Thursday: 6-8 pm

What is the High School Equivalency Test?

The HSE is an alternative to earning a high school diploma. Your HSE diploma can be earned after completing a test based on five subject areas: Math, Reading, Writing, Science, and Social Studies. The skills you are taught and eventually tested on are at the same level as those of graduating high school seniors.

Am I eligible to take the High School Equivalency Test?

If you meet all of the following qualifications, you may take the test:

  • You have lived in Indiana a minimum of 30 days immediately preceding the testing.
  • You have NOT earned a high school diploma from an accredited United States high school.
  • You are at least 16 years of age. (16 and 17 year-olds must provide additional documentation of an Indiana exit interview and a document with a Superintendent’s signature).

How much does it cost to take the test?

The High School Equivalency Test costs $95 and will include five subject areas.

How do I sign up?

The Learning Network is now a state-licensed testing center for TASC!

Follow the steps below, at least one week before your desired testing date, to register for the TASC test.

  • Fill out a registration form.
  • Present ONE government-issued photo ID at registration.
    • An Indiana Driver’s License or Indiana State ID is preferred. If you have an out-of-state ID, you are required to provide additional documentation proving residency in the State of Indiana for at least 30 days.
  • If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you must also bring additional documentation of an Exit Interview from your last school and a Superintendent’s signature.

Please contact Louisa Hoffman for more information and to register.

How long is the test?

The five-section test lasts over six hours and is given over a two-day period.

Our testing site offers morning and evening sessions. A testing schedule will be available at the time of registration.

Is the test on a computer or is it a paper/pencil based test?

Tests can be either computer or paper/pencil depending on the tester’s preference.

What are the subject areas tested?

  • Language Arts: Writing
  • Social Studies
  • Science
  • Language Arts: Reading
  • Mathematics

What scores do I need to pass?

To earn your High School Equivalency Certification, you must pass each individual sub-test with a minimum score of 500.

After the tests are completed, you will be able to view your results online at www.diplomasender.com within 10-14 days. The official documentation will be mailed within 2-6 weeks.

What if I fail the High School Equivalency Test?

You may retest in any subject that you did not pass. You do not have to repeat the entire test. The cost to retake an individual test is $18 per subject.

There is no waiting time to retest. However, an individual may retest no more than 3 times in a calendar year.

Do I get a high school diploma if I pass the High School Equivalency Test?

No; if you pass, you will receive a High School Equivalency Certificate issued by the state of Indiana.

Flyer for Clinton County Adult Education

Contact information:

Louisa Hoffman

Clinton County Adult Education Site Coordinator

Learning Network of Clinton County

1111 S. Jackson Street

Frankfort, IN 46041

765-659-6380 Ext: 1822