The English as a Second Language program is for adults who wish to learn English. We offer three levels of instruction: Beginning (level 1), Intermediate (level 2), High Intermediate (level 3), and Advanced ESL (level 4 and above). A person’s level is determined by a pre-test so that we can accommodate the needs of each learner. Registration, classes, and books are free. A child enrichment class is available during evening classes for school-aged children only. This service is provided by the 21st CCLC grant for a nominal fee of $1 per child.
Adult English Learners are expected to:
- Complete the program registration form and learner’s agreement
- Complete an English Language Proficiency Assessment
- Attend classes every Monday and Wednesday
- Complete assigned homework
- Take a post-assessment after 30-50 hours of instructional classes
Classes meet according to the following schedule:
Monday & Wednesday: 10 AM – 12 PM (level 1)
Monday & Wednesday: 6 PM – 8 PM (Level1, 2, and 3)
Tuesday & Thursday: 10 PM – 2PM or 4 PM – 8 PM (Advanced ESL – level 4 and above)
*Registration is necessary to determine class placement.